Exhaustion is a horrible feeling. All of last week had me exhausted. So much so that I cooked the most drab of meals. I tried making a tuna casserole and failed and after that I just made simple things with lettuce and rice. This is why I haven’t posted in forever.
Finally though today I made an excellent meal which is worth your while.
I’ve been overloading on pasta these past couple of days, and unfortunately today won’t be any different. Alas, today is a fabulous meal. If you’re a fan of garlic and Parmesan than stick around for the meal of the day.
This is a plate of my delicious goodness. It is Spicy Parmesan Shrimp Pasta which I got from here.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ pound (226g) Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup whole wheat fusilli pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 green onion, sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, Parmesan, garlic, agave nectar, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes. Add shrimp to oil mixture and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes (mix often)
- In a large pot, bring water to boil and cook pasta as instructed on packaging.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and oil mixture and cook until shrimp is pink (approx. 2 minutes). Stir in pasta and gently toss. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in serving bowl topped with fresh Parmesan and green onions as garnish.
Although I made enough food for two, I wanted to eat it all up! Alas, I put the rest into a microwave safe bowl and popped it into the fridge.
By the way, if any of your clear glass bowls are from Ikea and have cute little colorful lids to cover them… they are most likely far from microwave safe. I was reheating some rice and green peas the other day and heard a pop in the microwave. I thought it was the microwave unit itself until I was half way done my rice when I noticed half of my bowl was cracked. So instead of eating peas, I may have been eating small shards of glass. Delicious!
Actually no, glass is really bad to digest. So now I am sticking to microwaving things in plastic containers that I bought rather than what is from Ikea that was here before my arrival.
Also I had an amazing discovery today. White vinegar is heaven. You know when you go to the grocery store and you need to buy vinegar? They always have an array of cooking oil bottle sizes, but you can only buy the MASSIVE bottle of white vinegar? It is a pain in the rear. But I now found the benefit to having vinegar even if I use it seldomly for salads and such.
Vinegar is the magical way of cleaning. Why use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser when you have vinegar?
While I was prepping my shrimp today I was also boiling water and vinegar in my electric kettle. Over the past while there has been a build up of calcium in my kettle. I have tried removing it but never really got it shining like new. Once boiling vinegar water and rinsing with cold water, the interior of my kettle looks BRAND NEW. It is beautiful.
Here you can find sixty-two uses of vinegar. You really should read this link as I learnt so much. You may too.
So that’s my insight for the day. I hope you learn as I have!
Happy cleaning… and enjoy your Shrimp Pasta!